What’s New in the 2020 Program Guidelines
The Community Gaming Grant Program Guidelines have been updated and reorganized for 2020, to reflect changes to Community Gaming Grant Branch policies and to improve overall readability. All applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Program Guidelines in their entirety to ensure they understand all eligibility and application criteria.
Key changes to the 2020 Program Guidelines and application requirements include:
- Parent Advisory Council (PAC) and District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) applicants now have their own, separate guidelines, available at: www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/gambling-fundraising/gaming-grants/pac-dpac-grants
- Introduction of the new Renewed Funding application, which will replace the Short Form application, effective February 2020. This new application will further streamline and simplify the application process for many returning applicants. See Section 5.2 for more details.
- Organization financial eligibility criteria have been moved to the Organization Eligibility section of the Guidelines (see Section 3.3).
- Program financial eligibility criteria have been moved to the Program Eligibility section of the Guidelines (see Section 4.3).
- Organizations that operate a social enterprise may be eligible for a grant to support eligible programming; however, social enterprise programs remain ineligible for grant funding.
- New notification deadlines for the Arts and Culture and Sport sectors (see Section 2.3).
- Increased focus on equity, diversity and inclusion, to support programs that are open and accessible to all people.
- Applicants will be required to select a sub-sector for each program for which they request grant funding. A complete list of the program sub-sectors is provided in Appendix VII.
- Inclusion of a new appendix with suggested best practices to ensure financial accountability and prevent fraud (see Appendix VIII)