Bella Bella, Bella Coola, Bowser, Campbell River, Comox, Courtenay, Cumberland, Gabriola Island, Gold River, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville, Port Alberni, Port Hardy, Port McNeill, Powell River, Qualicum,Tahsis, Tofino, Ucluelet and adjacent Islands.
The mission of the BC Seniors Games Society is to improve the health, lifestyle and image of British Columbia’s 55+ population.
We do this by:
- Organizing the annual 55+ BC Games as an opportunity for the 55+ population of BC to participate in physical and social activities.
- Promoting community awareness of the contemporary image of the 55+ population as physically active and socially engaged.
- Encouraging year round participation at the zone level.
By defining the unique needs of this participant group, our organization serves as a bridge between the 55+ population and provincial and local organizations and recreation departments.
The BC Seniors Games Society is committed to and will actively promote the following fundamental values.
The Values that Drive What We Do:
- We champion the idea of life-long activity and friendly competition.
- We celebrate British Columbians who are 55+ as valuable role models
- We believe in the health and social benefits of participation.
The Values That Guide How We Operate:
- We model the principles of openness, honesty and democracy in the governance of our Society.
- We work on the basis of trust and mutual support
- We act ethically in everything we do
- We value volunteers highly and honor all contributions
- We believe in the team effort.
Committee and Area Representatives
(updated Jan 2020)
|Position||Contact Name||Contact Information|
|Interim Zone Director||Franco Sartor||778-418-4000
|1st Vice Chair||VACANT||contact Zone Director|
|2nd Vice Chair||Dave Ronaldsemail@example.com|
|Immediate Past Chair||Trish Anderson||250-468-9498
|Public Relations Chair||Sharon Sanford||250-923-0373
|Sports Chair||Laurie Millerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Area 1 (Nanaimo, Ladysmith)||Nancy Ryan||250-756-7853
|Area 2 (Nanoose, Parksville, Qualicum, Deep Bay)||Trish Anderson (Interim Rep)||250-468-9498
|Area 3 (Port Alberni, West Coast)||Barb Sheare||250-724-0364
|Area 4 (Courtenay, Comox, Fanny Bay, Hornby & Denman Islands, Black Creek)||Jill Nelson||250-702-5172
|Area 5 (Campbell River, Port McNeill)||Sharon Sanford||250-923-0373
|Area 6 (Powell River)||VACANT||Please contact Area 5 Rep|
|Transportation & Accommodation Chair||Lynne Davidson||250-339-5264
|Uniforms Chair||Joan Lightfoot||250-339-6383
|Fundraising||VACANT||contact Zone Director|
|Director at Large||Marilyn Oldfield|
|Director at Large||VACANT||contact Zone Director|
Zone 2 Sport Coordinators
Any members interested in filling VACANT positions, please contact the Zone Director.
(updated Jan 2020)