The mission of the BC Seniors Games Society is to improve the health, lifestyle and image of British Columbia’s 55+ population.
We do this by:
- Organizing the annual 55+ BC Games as an opportunity for the 55+ population of BC to participate in physical and social activities.
- Promoting community awareness of the contemporary image of the 55+ population as physically active and socially engaged.
- Encouraging year round participation at the zone level.
By defining the unique needs of this participant group, our organization serves as a bridge between the 55+ population and provincial and local organizations and recreation departments
The BC Seniors Games Society is committed to and will actively promote the following fundamental values.
The Values that Drive What We Do:
- We champion the idea of life-long activity and friendly competition.
- We celebrate British Columbians who are 55+ as valuable role models
- We believe in the health and social benefits of participation.
The Values That Guide How We Operate:
- We model the principles of openness, honesty and democracy in the governance of our Society.
- We work on the basis of trust and mutual support
- We act ethically in everything we do
- We value volunteers highly and honor all contributions
- We believe in the team effort.
Zone 2 Executives
|Position||Contact Name||Contact Information|
|Interim Director||Franco Sartor||778-418-4000
|1st Vice Chair|
|2nd Vice Chair||Gio Alberti||250-218-3791
|Immediate Past Chair||Trish Anderson||250-468-9498
|Public Relations Chair||Sharon Sanfordfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sports Chair||Paul Jennings||250-923-6161
|Area 1 (Nanaimo, Ladysmith)||Nancy Ryan||250-756-7853
|Area 2 (Nanoose, Parksville, Qualicum, Deep Bay)||Chris Price||250-228-1617
|Area 3 (Port Alberni, West Coast)||Barb Sheare||250-724-0364
|Area 4 (Courtenay, Comox, Fanny Bay, Hornby & Denman Islands, Black Creek)||Jill Nelson||250-702-5172
|Area 5 (Campbell River, Port McNeill)||Linda Harris||778-420-2888
|Area 6 (Powell River)||Vacant||Please contact Area 5 Rep|
|Transportation & Accommodation Chair||Lynne Davidson||250-339-5264
|Uniforms Chair||Joan Lightfoot||250-339-6383
|Director at Large||Tom Lambourneemail@example.com|
|Director at Large||Arlene Kingfirstname.lastname@example.org|