MISSION & PURPOSE OF THE COMOX VALLEY COMMUNITY JUSTICE CENTRE
- To promote, advance and implement the principles of restorative justice in the Comox Valley.
- To educate, engage and involve residents in activities and processes that seek non-violent solutions to criminal and other hurtful conduct.
- To develop safe, neutral and contextually sensitive environments and processes in which all parties to disputes can meet to:
- discuss the unacceptable behaviour and understand its real impacts on the individuals, their families and supporters, and the community as a whole;
- respond to the emotional, physical, financial and other needs experienced by those hurt;
- assist those causing the hurt to accept responsibility and accountability for their behaviour and to undertake those actions which may prevent a recurrence; and
- assist those involved to participate in healing themselves and the divisions between them.
- To promote, support and encourage harmonious living together throughout the Comox Valley.
Suite C-2, 450 – Eighth Street
Courtenay, B.C. V9N 1N5
General Inquiries: email@example.com